The Wilderlands of High Fantasy
Humans are the most common race in the Wilderlands. Strictly speaking, though, the humans have no sub-races, only cultural and ethnic divisions—of which most humans make far too much of a difference. Most humans are a mixture of a number of bloodlines, with the common mix of Altanian, Tharbrian and Ghinoran ancestry. However, some claim to have Skandik, Avalonian, Viridian, Amazon, or even Atlantean blood.
These normal mixed blood humans constitute the great majority of humans in the Wilderlands. The skin color ranges from fair to pale olive to reddish to any other slight tint. They have brown, blonde, black or red hair and brown, green, or blue eyes. They are typically 5 ft. 8 in. tall, 160 lbs, and are typically Neutral Good. Racial Traits:
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).